Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Celebration

This weekend I got to celebrate some awesome things. My Bebo, who is one of my favorite people in the entire world, turned 75 and celebrated his 53 wedding anniversary with my Grandmommy (who coincidentally is another one of my favorite people!) I also got to spend some time with my Aunt Meredith and Uncle Ben who are raising up some amazing people in my cousins Mary-Kate, Sara, Jake and Caleb. This weekend was full of celebration and comfort. It was great to get to spend time celebrating something that is worthy of celebration and being with people who let me be myself without question or motive. 
Coming back to Waco was a little bit hard. I love Waco, but it hasn't always been the easiest place for me to live. Some of the best times and worst times in my life have happened inside these city limits. I have grown from someone I liked, into someone I didn't, into the person I am learning to be and love today. So this week started off a little...off. 
Monday was a catch up day, tuesday was a little blue, and today I got a reality check. This weekend was so great because I got to truly celebrate something worth being excited about with people who love me unconditionally and exactly as I am while still hoping and investing in my continued betterment. I realized I have that everyday (even in Waco! *gasp*) 
God is worth celebrating. Every second of every single day God is worth celebrating because I have been created to celebrate and worship him. I also have the freedom to come to him exactly as I am and be loved. Part of loving me is refusing to let me be stagnant and encouraging future growth and movement, but I am always loved exactly as I am. While my family are incredible, they can never love me as much as God does and while they do amazing things, God will always be more worthy of my celebration. 
So today I am encouraging you to celebrate God. Celebrate who he is, what he has done and who he made you to be. Celebrate who you were that you have grown from, who you have the potential to become, and who you are right now. Celebrate the journey you are taking together, the amazing things that God has brought you through and to and the amazing things to come. If you feel a little off, remember God can handle that and that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. God doesn't make mistakes and he made you. You are worth celebrating and today, I am celebrating you, me and the God who made us. 
Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment