Friday, March 22, 2019

30 and Thank You!

Tomorrow I am turning thirty. I have lived three decades of life! So weird. I was thinking back on my life so far today and it has been crazy, but it has been fully mine. I have walked a different road to get to where I am today. I have not followed "typical" timelines or hit every milestone many others have, but I am so blessed to be where I am today. 
I have an amazing family. Seriously. You guys are the best. I am supported and loved, but also challenged. I feel like I have a front row seat to history when I look at my three epic nephews and getting to see them grow and learn amazes me. My sister and brother in law are some of my biggest supporters and a safe space where I know that I will get love, authentic conversation, and probably cry because I am laughing so hard. My parents are physically and emotionally present in my life. That is huge. My mom showed up today to bring me flowers and balloons so that I can walk into my office tomorrow and feel loved. They love in big ways and small. I have grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and extended family that I am proud to call my own. Doing what I do everyday, and seeing the lives my kids have led, I feel so blessed to be surrounded by a tribe I enjoy. 
I have great friends. I have some friends that I am getting to know, and some who have walked me through trial and fire, still standing with me when the smoke clears. I have been so grateful to be able to find people who I can be myself around, without having to add or subtract pieces of myself to try to fit in. I might not have the largest circle, but my circle goes deep. I have people that I can depend on, and who I want to show up for when they are having trials as well. It's this give and take that makes a me, into a we, and I have been so blessed to be included in the circles of some amazing people. 
I love love love my job. I never have the same day twice. Walking out of one building today I was suddenly surrounded by five of my kids who all wanted hugs and to tell me things that they were excited about. I get to be there in happy moments and sad, for the easy and the hard, and it is extremely fulfilling to feel like I am where I am called, and equipped to be. 
Looking at all the ways that God has blessed me, I am so thankful for my life. There were days in my 20s that I questioned whether or not life was worth it, if the hard was too hard, and the good not good enough. I can say now, it is worth it. I am so glad that I struggled through dark days and periods where I felt consumed by the chaos. I am so glad I kept moving, let people in to my struggle and tried again. My life is no where near perfect. I am messy, not the greatest with timelines, struggle with social anxiety and a whole host of other things that hit my insecurity alarm as the days pass by. But, looking back, and looking forward, I can say I am glad to be who I am, be where I am, and have been where I was. So to all of you who have been part of my journey so far, thank you. Thinking back on the memories we have made, and looking forward to the ones we will make has made me smile today. Here is to the next 30 years! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! I am amazed that you have been able to continue being family to those young people that God brings across your path. A very stressful position, but one that God uses to impact the future of lives more than you will ever know. Take time to celebrate you!

    ReplyDelete